Saturday, May 14, 2005

Busy Saturday

For the record, weekends will be different. Who wants to think about work on a weekend? =D

Last night, I saw The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, which was quite entertaining. When I was but 10 paces or so from my front door and the land of no-cell-phone-service, I got a call from a close friend telling me his wife was just in a car accident. In fact, I heard sirens in the background, which might have been the ambulance driving her away.

Apparently, she broadsided a vehicle filled with four stoned and drunk teenagers who were in the process of running a red light. The funner part? The driver left the scene. We call that a felony hit-and-run around here. The other three were arrested on the spot.

She is alright, though a little shaken and sore. She bought her car a year before airbags were standard. I must have offered 20 times or more to go meet them at the hospital, it's only 25 minutes away or so. They insisted it wasn't necessary, but I was told that it made her feel much better just to know I offered. Today, my mother and I surprised her with a huge basket of feel-better petunias.

We're all glad she's ok, but that's way more excitement than I need on a Friday night! There are lessons here. Don't drink, don't do drugs, don't do either while you're driving, and never ever leave the scene of an accident. Got it?

First thunderstorm of the season today! And I spent the morning jogging around a football field. Boy am I sore!