Friday, July 01, 2005

Dark and Brooding

That's how the People Magazine Entertainment Guru described Batman Begins. She didn't like it because it was dark and brooding.

So, what movie do you think she was expecting? Happy Little Elves?? I mean, the story of Batman is dark and brooding! He gets his start after the murder of his parents! That's not a happy movie!!

I liked it, I think I'll call it my favorite of all the Batman movies so far. There was a scene where Batman is taking out some thugs in the shadows. The theater was completely quiet, and we see a thug pulled into a dark room suddenly. At that time, a little girl gasped! It was terribly funny!

Mind you, this is not the kind of movie you want to take your children to see. It is, after all, dark and brooding.

And yep, I went to the movie with my parents and therefore did not stay home and rest.