Saturday, August 20, 2005

Out and About

No talking about work on weekdays, so....

My parents and I went kayaking! We were only out for 2.25 hours (and before you get mad at me for not calling, you know who you are, I tried but it said it was long distance. Imagine that. Someone else knew, though.), and just down our regular creek on the Patuxent. We actually got out early(ish) like we said we would!

Then we came home, scrubbed down the 'yaks (they needed it), scrubbed down ourselves (we needed it), and went to lunch at Bertucci's. Then it was off to Trader Joe's and Jo Ann Fabrics for some material to make an obi and obi-jime for my kimono.

I'm a little sad that I didn't make it to Otakon this year, both my friend and I had other things to do. Maybe next year it won't be so late.

All in all, it was a great day!