Saturday, October 08, 2005

What a Difference the Rain Makes

I had to get my driver's lisence renewed today, because it expires next week! It took about an hour but that wasn't too bad, I guess.

I was right, my booth called while I was on the way home and said not to bother coming in to work because we probably won't have enough customers to make payroll. I was expecting that, so it was not a big deal. And I went anyway, because my friend really wanted to go, because it was single's day (whoop-de-do). She made me get a number and I met some interesting and good-looking men, but I'm just not into that kind of ... get-together. And I'm fine just the way I am. And maybe there is someone with whom I wish I could spend more time. I'm better off without.

I stayed to the bitter end, but I think I should have avoided dinner. We went to the Chinese place that we went to every weekend last year, and I hadn't been there since. It didn't sit well with me.