Thursday, November 17, 2005

Catching Up

Well, you've been without my thoughts for a whole week. How does that make you feel? Out of touch? Like you have no idea what's going on? That's ok, I'll try to catch you up!

Let's see... We took the kayaks out for about 4 hours on Sunday, this one probably will be the last time. We went down Mattaponi Creek again and had lunch at the observation tower. I never really thought about the flora of the wetlands turning brown and dying with the leaves on the trees, but it does! It was quite a sight, we could actually see the true shores of the river and creeks (mostly). It is just as beautiful in the Autumn as it is in the Summer.

At work, the headaches ensue! They've been telling my new cubby buddy and I that we were getting new computers. They were saying so for about 3 weeks. It finally happened on Monday (and there was much rejoicing). But nothing makes a flawless transition, you see. We have learned that the new version of Microsoft Word 2003 is not compatible with the tables created in the old version of Word 2000 that everyone was using. This means that the normal work I do that I really enjoy cannot be done, because I can no longer open the files. Finally, this morning, I was able to convince them to put Office 2000 back on my computer (despite IT department protests) so I'm back in business once again.
The headache came from my wonderful supervisor (today, we'll call them Sup) who threw a little hissy fit to everyone who would listen after I left for the day. "Airyn should have done this, Airyn wasn't doing that." my ITGuy kept saying it was a technical problem within the Microsoft software, and there was nothing anyone could have done differently to make it not happen. That didn't save Sup from being PO'ed.

And even being back in business after a good several hours of waiting for ITGuy to reinstall the proper program (he first picked the wrong one, and then I didn't even have e-mail!), I'm still doing 'busy work.' (Busy work is what we called it at the pharmacy. It's work they give you to keep you busy when there's really something else they'd rather you be doing. )

I've begun adding old posts to the archive here, it's a long copy/paste project (the timestamp may not be correct). Soon, all the new readers will be able to pick up my story!

The May archive is complete! 6 more months to go!

No comments :