Saturday, November 26, 2005

What To Say

Now that I'm here, I don't remember what I wanted to tell you about!

I hope everyone had some yummy turkey for those who eat turkey this time of year. For those who don't, get some turkey and celebrate with us anyway! This time, the turkey was NOT for the centerpiece! (there's another reference some of you should get.)

Today, I bought a snowboard (and bindings and boots). I don't have it in my possession yet, it should be ready by Wednesday. Snowboarding, for those who don't know, is a sport that is avoided by people who love extreme sports. This year, I won't have one of those horrid rental boards that are nearly impossible to get out of. I've also been told that the first experience is the worst, so maybe it will be better, or at least a little less painful, with my own board. I think I'm a little insane to be agreeing to do this again, and making a monetary investment in it! By the way, there are only a handful of EMS stores that carry snowboards at their location, and my local EMS is not one of them. I had to go all the way to Waldorf and a special ski shop to find all I needed and knowledgeable staff to help me out. Three cheers for Owen's Ski and Sport. (EMS did have the snowshoes I wanted, and they're nifty! I can't wait to try them out! We'd better get some snow this year!)

And we long to see the City of Annapolis recover quickly from it's very hot November day.

No comments :