Saturday, February 03, 2007

Death and Shopping

I went to a funeral with my mother today. It was for the father of one of her coworkers. We didn't stay long (I'm about as fond of funerals as I am of weddings and baby showers, especially open caskets like this one was. There is just something unnerving to me about seeing a body without an aura), and then headed off to spend some money.

Shopping was clothes and books and a Lebanese Taverna for lunch.

Basically, not much happened today. I did get some time in the house to myself to sit around wondering what to do with myself from the lack of GTW forums, and I got started on the gem tree I'm making for a friend of a friend's son. So far, the idea in my head might actually work. That's always a good thing!

By the way, if anyone is reading this and happens to have a brochure from the Somewear Beyond Coin Mint (I know they sell at MD RenFest, but I'm not sure where else) please shoot me an e-mail (I know it's linked to my site somewhere). I am in need of the description from one of the coins and I can't for the life of me find one of the 50 copies of the brochure I've bought over the years. Augh!

No comments :