Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm Back

I had some fun, but not as much as I would have liked. There aren't really a whole lot of beginner slopes there, and the first one my group of four (including me) wanted to go down on Saturday was some 2 miles long (the elevation of the mountain is 4848 feet and all trails, beginner or otherwise, went all the way down to the bottom). I panicked at the thought of it and so spent the day practicing on some flat areas. We got a foot of snow on Saturday night and, though I was ready to try that 2-mile slope on Sunday, none of us wanted to be on the (4848 feet to the top) lifts in that awful wind.

At one point on Sunday, when I thought we were all going to hit the slopes anyway, we cleaned off the cars and got more fire wood. Then two of us (which includes me) watched the others drive away. Apparently someone had decided to go to the grocery store in the village to get some real food. Nice that they let the rest of us know. I might have wanted something. But I was still expected to shell out a few bucks for the food that they bought and I didn't eat. And on the way back yesterday, they decided to stop at Burger King without even asking if that is a place where I would eat (it isn't). I don't think my co-worker's sister likes me. Maybe that is why I was more along for the ride than a part of the group.

On the good side, I got some good practice-time in (since it's been two years since I've been on a board at all) and I slept like a rock every night except when someone left a light on. I do regret that I didn't try that 2-mile trail and my $90 lift tickets went unused. Otherwise, it was a nice weekend away.

I don't think I'll go out with them again. The making decisions that effect me without actually consulting me was really annoying. And the three of them are going to Thailand in a couple weeks and that's most of what they talked about. I really wasn't a part of that group. That is not an ideal way to spend one's time, you know?

1 comment :

Willow Goldentree said...

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have gone on that 2-mile run either. You sound like you've snowboarded as much as I have *wink* and I would have been happy just practicing. And sitting around the lodge maybe...looking for pretty curly haired men? hmmm?