Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Just Found Out

My grandmother's (mother's mother) best friend, who is more a grandmother to me than my father's mother is, is going to move to New Mexico to be with her daughter (whom she doesn't often get along with anyway). My grandmother doesn't get around very well any more, and I know that Aunt Betty is the one who's been holding her together for years. My grandmother won't let us get a live-in assistant for her, and we all have jobs, we can't do it. I don't know what she's going to do when Aunt Betty leaves and won't be here to take her to the store or help her with dinner in the evenings. And if Aunt Betty leaves, we'll never see her again, not until they fly her body back to be buried next to her husband, if they do that at all. And my grandmother relies on her so much. I understand that she worries about what she's going to do with all of her biological family so far away, but I don't think she realises how much her non-biological family here will fall apart without her. I just... I just don't know anything anymore.

No comments :