Saturday, April 28, 2007

Piper Down! I Repeat: A Piper is Down!

What's that from?

I went to the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival with my friends Fox and his wife. We didn't listen to much of the pipers actually. There was a ton of shopping to do (I admit, probably more than I should have done). Then we planted ourselves under one of the stage tents and caught a lot of jam sessions. Who knew you could jam with a guitar or two, a flute, a couple violins, a hammered dulcimer, and an accordion thrown in for good measure? You can! And it was great! And the official mascot, the swarms of tent caterpillars, found themselves under foot quite a few times.

Not under my feet! Gees! I mean the performers who were busy keeping time!

Really, those sticky crawly things were everywhere. Falling from the dulcimer and microphones, crawling over speakers and people. Everywhere! I don't ever remember seeing so many of them. It was like the cicada boom we had three or so years ago.

Let's see. I bought a couple glass pendants, and some shortbread cookies (yum, yum, and yum), and some really nice blades (of the dagger variety, plus a tomahawk), and a few pieces of jewelry. Not too bad really. I'm going to flop into bed now!

2 comments :

Willow Goldentree said...

"So I Married an Axe Murderer" ?

Unknown said...

Yes! Very good! If you were here, you'd get a yummy shortbread cookie! ;)