Monday, May 14, 2007

I Changed My Mind

I almost started typing out a blog that was nothing but negative and depressing. But I stopped, because I'm not really feeling that today. Granted, I'm exhausted from the weekend spent running all over the place and would sure like the chance to just sleep for an hour or two, but I'm not feeling that down today. So I decided what I had started to write had no place here.

Today, the sun is shining. Oh!! I've got it!

Oh, the Summer time is coming.
And the trees are sweetly blooming,
Where the Wild Mountain Thyme
grows around the blooming heather.

Will ye go, lassie, go?
And we'll all go together
To pull wild mountain thyme
All around the blooming heather.
Will ye go, lassie, go?

Ok, I don't know any patches of wild mountain thyme, but that sentence I started to write just threw that song right into my mind!

The sun is shining, the sky is cloudless, and even though I'm tired and not getting much work done, I am going to have a good day.

There are a few light fixtures in the office that a few of us have purposely told the maintenance people to not put lights in. The ones right over those people's desks that are just too bright. I'm one of those people. I need natural light (window!). We have a new facilities manager, who ignored our collective request for less light and had a light put in every possible place for a light.

As soon as I put my bag down, I announce "this will have to go!" WAM laughed and agreed. Then I said, "that's a migraine in two minutes!" Then one of our newer employees got up, climbed on my desk, and pulled the lights out of the fixtures. THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! Repeat over a couple more desks and we're all happy again.

It's still too bright in here, but at least I don't have the Light of Judgement right over my head. (You probably missed it, that was a game reference.)

Have a good day!

No comments :