Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Midsummer!

Or Summer Solstice, or Litha, or whatever you want to call it! Meteorologically, Summer's been in full swing for some weeks now, which is why I prefer to call this special day Midsummer, and also that A Midsummer Night's Dream was the first play I was ever in.

The director of that show was a wonderful, kind person. He gave people chances. He gave me a chance, having no previous acting experience when I got to high school. I played the part of Peaseblossom. I had wild ponytails and a high giggly voice.

I really don't have much to say about this production, other than that it was my first and what made this my favorite Shakespeare play, and the start of the reason I studied acting in college.

Get out and enjoy the sunshine, everyone!

No comments :