Saturday, June 30, 2007

All Over the Place

Maybe not really, but it sure feels like that today!

This morning, Callie had to go to the vet for her annual checkup. Being a big, nearly nine year old cat, she's in good health. It's always so hard to take Callie to the vet. And it's not about getting an 18 lbs cat into a tiny cage, but that she mews the whole way. And she mews in two pitiful syllables that sound rather distinctly like my name. But I was also able to find out that we've got the cats on a rather good food. We're feeding them a special Indoor formula Cat Chow, and the doctor said low in protein is good for older, less active cats. I could go lower in protein, but this is a pretty good number. Good! Changing a cat's food is a pain! And I think she's already forgiven me for her morning ordeal.

I do regret that one day I will move away and have to find another doctor for my kitties. We've been taking our animals to the Brandywine Animal Hospital for as long as we've had them. I even worked there my last year of high school. That was by far the best job I'd ever had.

The rest of the day was shopping and lots of it! I got a memory foam mattress topper for my bed (maybe it will help) and the Planet Earth series on DVD ($20 cheaper than their website, I might add).

This evening is not a home to myself night. VARF is over and dad will now be home most Saturdays while mom is visiting her mother. It's ok, tonight, I plan to sit at the table out back and start building my puppet. There's no threat of thunderstorms, so I don't have to worry about getting drenched mid-construction. I still need to find something to dye the fleece in, and some place to put it while it dries. Hmmm....

Well, better get to work. I hope everyone had a great, low-humidity Saturday!

And this concludes the 500th blog entry!

No comments :