Sunday, August 12, 2007

Few Days Left

The time is fast approaching when every day of the week will be full with one activity or another. So, we went kayaking today!

We put in a Queen Anne around 1040 and headed north. It took us one hour to reach the impassable tree and another hour going back to the dock. The water level was really low and we had to get out in several places.

I learned a little during this outing, though. My dad will not blow his whistle if he needs help, and then yell at us for going ahead because he didn't blow his whistle indicating he needed help. My mom thinks that Fox and I always go ahead even when this was the first time we decided to play around a bit, and no matter where we are, we are always keeping our eyes on the less experienced. Actually, the way things ended, it wasn't that enjoyable at all. I didn't think we did anything differently than any other outing except that we went ahead a little. I could kayak like they do; just go on ahead and not care where anyone else is. But I worry for those paddling with me who may have less skill than I do. But it seems like it's also asking too much for them to let me know if they need assistance. Yeah, I'm a little resentful that both of my parents decided to bitch about being behind us when much of my paddling time is spent worrying about what trouble they will get in to. And their complaint sure was not about worry for me. That didn't exactly say "we're glad you're home, honey."

Poor Fox found a wasp nest among the floating dock. They got him twice! I didn't go near once we knew it was there. GAH! We need to remember to call the office and let them know, and come prepared with a can of wasp-be-gone next time ourselves.

I'm exhausted. I haven't been sleeping well, you see, and I have to go to work tomorrow. Pooh!

No comments :