Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Catching Up With Me

I haven't been sleeping very well lately, and I think I'm really starting to notice during the day. I had to do some gift shopping today, but I really just wanted to stay home. Play on the computer, ride my bike, work on my websites.

I suppose part of the shopping dread was also that we had to go to Wal-Mart. We avoid the Wal-Marts around here. They're really awful. The other part of the shopping dread was because I was getting a wedding gift. And we all know how much I enjoy everything that has to do with weddings.

After breakfast and shopping, I took a nap. I think my mom watched some of the game and took a nap too. Then we got up, put the finishing touches on dinner, and took a turn about the neighborhood while the last bit simmered in the slow cooker.

I'm still a little not used to riding a bicycle, but I really enjoyed the thirty minutes we took before dinner. My mother was walking as I was getting a feel for my new bike; how it turns, how it breaks, how I used to be able to take both hands off the handlebars but can't do that anymore! At least, not yet. I haven't uploaded the new pictures yet, but I'll get them to you later.

After our little outing in the so-much-nicer-than-yesterday weather, we had dinner. This was a delectable stew of veggies; carrots and onions and garlic, with fall-apart chicken and potatoes (the latter I didn't have, of course!), complimented with a harvest salad; greens, pears, dried cherries, pecans, in a cherry vinaigrette. And we finished it off with the last of the Lake Side Red from the Lake Anna Winery. A perfect holiday dinner!

Now, it's time to hit up a movie (probably Buffy, the Vampire Slayer) and then crawl into bed!

No comments :