Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ah, To Have a Day

We didn't get to hike because it was pouring this morning. If it was not pouring where the trails were, it would have been muddy and yucky anyway. The rain did clear out by the early afternoon. We can hear the grass growing. I hope the Powers That Be sends that water to the other areas that really need it. And that's an end to our record-setting drought.

My mother and I drove my aunt to the airport and picked up some dry cleaning. Other than that, it was a rather restful day. We learned that my brother did settle on the house; they actually came by to pick stuff up while we were at the airport. I'm so happy for my brother.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. We're going to use our pre-bought tickets and head up to the PA Renaissance Faire. We have to leave early to get me back home at a decent hour, but I think we can manage. I'm seriously considering a baby dragon again. I know I've talked about them before: there's a shop that sells actual live anoles and their little habitats. I've been thinking about them all week. And I know where to get crickets for its food. My mother and I think I can keep it in the room where I have my computer. It won't be too hard to clear a space and keep the door shut to keep baby dragon-eating Miss Luna out. I'm still thinking about it. We'll see!

No comments :