Monday, October 29, 2007

Introducing

Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen! (I admit this would be much more dramatic if I had a picture for you, but I'm afraid it's too dark and the flash would upset them. Maybe this weekend....)

I didn't expect to get two, but they were a pair and this was the male I really wanted. He kept watching me every time I walked by. I've still got some work to do on their little home, but they are where they will live in a nice big tank. It was nice to get a tank big enough for the two of them at the same time, and they might even breed! I bet it's very different than breeding beta fish. I'm very excited to have them.

My brother and I had a pair when we were little. They were not too hard to take care of, as I recall, and I think they both lived for several years. My brother would remember, though. I know that his was named Alf and mine was Confetti. Not sure why I thought of that!

As for these two, I know you want to ask, so I'll tell you in anticipation. Their names come from EverQuest (surprise). Lady Vox is a big blue ice dragon in the frozen Permafrost Keep. Her forbidden consort is Lord Nagafen, the red fire dragon of the Lavastorm Mountains. (They can't be together because dragons of different colors are not allowed to mate, by the laws of dragon kind, because their offspring would be too powerful. Or something like that.) These were the first two major raid encounters in EverQuest.

Yesterday was a very long day. We got up early, made the long drive to PA, spent an exhausting day shopping (I bought a couple little things, and my dragons, and a really pretty ring), then made the long drive home. I'm pretty tired today!

No comments :