Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Probably Not Just Dry

It hit me last night, maybe this isn't just a bought of serious dry skin. Maybe I'm allergic to the Burt's Bees lip balm that I started using on Thursday. Or, it's possible this is a reaction to my hygienist's latex gloves from Wednesday. Whatever the cause, I'm pretty sure my beat up appearance is an allergy to something. It's almost unbearably itchy (and red and patchy) to the point of being unable to sleep because it hurts so much. Don't worry, I have a trusty bottle of vitamin e and lavender essential oil to smear all over my face today. It burns when I put anything on it, but I left Burt's Bees at home.

I've used some of their products before, but never the original lip balm. I hope that's not it, because I really like the stuff. I tried to test it out with a spot on my hand yesterday, it looks like nothing happened. Of course, lip skin is a lot more sensitive. Aye, me!

Kitty's name is Saphira, from the Greek sappherios; sapphire, appropriate for her big grey patches (called blue in kitty color lingo). We all hope her birthing goes well.

We cleaned out the fireplace last night. It was the first time in years. It went many years without being used at all, but it was pretty full of ashes. I don't think I've ever seen it so clean (not clean enough to eat out of, of course). We burned a peat log while watching the Secret Garden.

I found another modular community near by this morning. There is one house for sale that is the size I want at a decent price. It's not in the best area, but it's not living with my parents either. Now, I just need to find out what the land rent is. Wish me luck! There is a community near a park where some friends used to live. I'd much prefer that place, but they haven't had anything available for a while.

While I was searching, I found that there is a great number of houses, most of them need some work, for the same price in the Richmond area. I'm not really interested in moving to Richmond, though I bet Turtle would be willing to rent a room from me if I had one. It helps to have a little help. Staying up here means I'm all on my own. But it means I could keep my job. While I don't like it much many days of the week, it's income and that's important. I'm really not sure how to go about finding a job in a city where I don't live and can't easily travel to. Wherever I live is, at the core, dependant on a job.

You can probably tell, dear blog readers, that I'm getting antsy about moving out of my parent's house. I'm to the point where I'm willing to rent something in a crappy neighborhood that I'll never be able to move out of just to be out on my own. There has to be something.

No comments :