Saturday, December 22, 2007

Really Tired

I was up quite late last night and had to pay for it today. Mom and I had to go shopping. I hate shopping this close to Christmas, but someone has to get the groceries. And I've been itching for some more challenging origami models, so I came home with a few new books. Some are pretty hard!

I was going to take a nap, but my brother and his wife showed up for a little visit. They're going to spend Christmas day in their house, so they came up for the day to pick up some things from her parents and drop of some gifts. We got a basket full of yummy things from a Mennonite market near their home. Yummy things like honey and apple butter and tea and coffee. Mmmm! It's ok that I didn't get a nap (by the time they left, it was too late to take one), it's always nice to see my brother and sister-in-law. And they got to talk about their house; the two acres it sits on, unpacking, the hideous carpet that needs replacing, poor Ichus and his really long, easily tangled fur. We haven't seen them both since mom and I drove down there in May. It makes me so happy to know that at least my brother is getting those things that I've wanted but had to abandon.

Now, it's late, and I can barely keep my eyes open. I hope everyone had a wonderful "first day of winter!"

No comments :