Friday, January 11, 2008

Censored

You, gentle blog readers, will notice that I hold back few things here. I say what I'm feeling and that's the point. Sometimes I say it here because I can't otherwise say what I'm thinking to whomever I wish to speak. Sometimes what I write is just something that has to go somewhere. Whatever it is, I rarely suppress my thoughts here.

Benjamin Disraeli said, "Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth." But I am also told to always speak the truth, except when the truth would cause harm.

I had a long entry written out for today. I'm feeling a little down (not anywhere near where I was on Monday), and took my morning to explore that. I found some things and wrote them, and then I realized that a lot of my readers (relatively speaking) would take offence to it, or take it personally, or it would simply cause undo suffering. Amazing that one little post can do all that, isn't it?

But I know it would.

So, I did the only thing I could do. I pressed delete. It hasn't changed how I feel, of course, but there's no need to trouble you with it.


I think what's been keeping me from sleeping well the past couple nights is the amazing amount of coffee I've had the past couple days. I told myself that I wouldn't do that again today. I've only had one cup of coffee. Oh, I want more coffee! MOOOREEEE COFFFFEEEEEEEEE!!

Resist...resist...resist!!

ACK! And while trying to post this, Boss² came up suddenly and asked me to do some overtime next week. I'll take it! More money = bigger down payment, right?

No comments :