Monday, January 28, 2008

Practice Practice and More Practice

I worked on memorization all day yesterday. This is the hardest part, really. I recorded it on my mp3 player and played it back over and over, I typed it out, read it, spoke it, whatever works to commit a two and a quarter minute speech to memory. My goal was to go to bed having my monologue memorized. I went over it in my head while brushing my teeth and...didn't quite have it down. But, I had to go to bed.

This morning, before actually getting out of bed, I went over my monologue in my mind, so I could identify the parts that needed more memorization work. Success! I'm not sure how I did it, but I did it. Through the course of the day, I've taken small pauses in work to type it out (to be sure I know it) and work on how it will be presented (this is in tone of voice, and in emotion behind the words). Everything is going to be fine.

I said so!

This evening is when nervousness will set in. And intense hoping that I've given myself enough time to get there in morning rush hour....

No comments :