Friday, January 25, 2008

That Was a Surprise

Someone at my office reads my blog! I think there's more than one someone actually. See, on Monday, someone from OBC accessed my blog through a Google search. I know it wasn't me, because I wasn't here! I got an e-mail from a co-worker yesterday who had found some things about Kaliis (thanks for that, buy the way. The only thing I have against public records and such people searches is that it costs money with no guarantee that I'm going to get what I'm looking for when I pay up). I have reason to believe that she's back in Maryland now. Something I found last night paired her name with a zip code in Clinton in November. I can always wait for the next census....

I'm always happy to have readers, but it sure makes me extra happy that I don't use real names! Not that I sit here typing out company secrets or anything like that.

While I'm at it, my co-worker friend Pat has another co-worker friend. He's really really annoyed because his friend has cancelled plans because "someone" said that he was saying bad things about his friend. If I got wind of a friend saying bad things about me, I'd have to confront them and give them a change to explain. I may learn that my friend didn't say these things at all, right? And, don't I owe it to my friend to give him that benefit of the doubt? Pat came to me this morning quite upset because it hasn't stopped. Other than saying good riddance to the friend who is not giving him a chance to rebut those claims (which he's on the verge of doing anyway), I have no advice for him.

Why do people do this? I don't understand it. Why act like a child who belongs in day care when you can approach something like intelligently? If someone said Pat was saying things about me, well, I wouldn't believe them. Because I trust my friend, that's part of what being a friend is all about. Poor Pat. He works hard, he doesn't deserve this stress or this blindsided attack on his character.

In other news, the tweaking of the resume is done, and I located a decent enough picture for a headshot. I just need to bring it by a place and have it printed in 8x10. No luck finding my monologue book, or the performance song book. Looks like this weekend will see a trip to a couple stores. I hate last minute preparations! Oh! And I have to write a little something for my practice puppet, just in case they ask me to demonstrate that (whatever works to get me ahead, right?).

And I don't think I updated you on the house front. I called the sales lady on Wednesday, just to see how things were going and to make sure she hasn't forgotten my interest. She said there was a delay because the new countertops had been measured wrong, so they had to redo that. They had arrived on Tuesday and would be installed this week. The carpet and vinyl had been ordered and should arrive next week. She said to give it another week or two and to call her if I don't hear from her by then. I'm ok with how long this it taking, because it gives me more time to save up (and more time for OBC stocks to get themselves rising so I can sell them!).

It just occurred to me that if Kaliis is living in Clinton now, and she hasn't looked me up, I am going to beat her senseless when I find her....

Look, all this and I haven't even had my coffee yet!

No comments :