Monday, January 14, 2008

What Was Wrong with Today

It was yesterday. Yesterday was wrong with today. I went through today being mad and everyone, even the people who weren't the slightest bit annoying. It's really because I was mad at me.

I was mad at me because when the time came, I had nothing to say to my brother. No words of encouragement, or sympathy, or grief. And when I was able to say something, it was the lamest thing I've ever said.

Maybe I'm being a little hard on me; it was rather sudden. It was over before we even knew it started. Maybe I was numb there when I had the tiny little cell phone in my hand with nothing to say.

So, I deflected that then, and I didn't let myself feel it today either. In turn, the slightest little thing any of my coworkers did made me very angry.

I know that I care. It's time to feel. It's time to weep.

No comments :