Friday, June 06, 2008

Going Home

I was talking with a coworker yesterday that I haven't gone directly home after work since moving in. I had to stop by a store every day this week for little things as I discover that I need them (like a curtain because the street light is right outside my window and the current curtain is too flimsy to block any light, or the mattress pad because my new mattress was rock-hard). I mentioned being a little upset about not going directly home. Then my coworker said it's ok to run those errands, because I don't have that far to go, so it's no big deal to make a stop. He's right about that, and that made me feel better about it.

Eventually, I won't have any stops to make after work and will be able to go home right away. Even so, I'm still getting home sooner than I would have if I was driving back to Upper Marlboro every day. I won't be going home today at all. I'm leaving my car at work and dad is taking me to the house so mom and I can leave from there in the morning. We're going to visit my brother and sister-in-law for her birthday this weekend.

I really enjoy living where I am now. I like that there are lakes and paths and pools and lots of trees. I like where it's located and that there are many stores and things nearby. I really like it here. I don't like the pain in the neck that switching my car registration and license is, though. When that's all done, I'll be able to go straight home without needing to make any stops.

No comments :