Monday, September 15, 2008

Full Harvest Moon

This bright moon is so named because it is harvest time. Farmers can often continue gathering crops into the night by the light of this moon. It occasionally comes in October as opposed to September. The Harvest moon is the full moon that occurs closest to the Autumnal Equinox.

I could no longer put off re-dedicating my house charm for a time that my roommate and I could do it together. She was busy last night, and she is leaving in about a week for a week-long vacation. I'm excited to have the place to myself, but I know I'm going to need the protections that this charm will provide.


I placed the charm bag on my pentacle, cast my circle, and called the elements and deities. It is rare that I do more than a ritual circle for an Esbat. Protected by the Watchtowers and in the presence of my patrons, I re-stated the ingredients and the purpose of each, almost as if I was crafting an entirely new charm bag. When I had finished this, I cast a shield around the condo, programming it to protect those who dwell within and allow only those who mean us no harm to pass through. I tied the shield to the charm bag and hung it from a hook on the living room ceiling, where it will continue to shield my new dwelling.

Now, I work frequently with shields. Tying them to a charm or talisman keeps them up all the time without having to think about it constantly. However, shields take a lot of damage and need regular maintenance, especially the longer they are in place. I will periodically clean and fortify this shield, keeping the protections constant and at peak. Someday soon, I'll give you much more information about shielding.

No comments :