Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Had Something Else to Say

But I've sure forgotten it! It was whatever I was actually going to write yesterday before I found that myspace page. (You know it's going to drive me crazy until I get a reply!)

Phoenix asked me to teach her to crochet. She was away last week for a business trip and managed to catch herself a yucky bronchitis. Still, on Friday night, I dug up some maroon yarn and taught her the basics. Sick as she was, I'm impressed at how well she did for the first time. At first, she was going to make a scarf, but dropped a few stitches and so just has an irregular rectangular piece of crocheted fabric. My very first scarf was like that, so I keep telling her she did fine for the first time (and a few minutes of instruction during plague infestation).

I almost finished the scarf I had been working on. As it turns out, it's going to be super long and I only needed one skein of yarn. I might work up the second one with a smaller hook, or even loom it. I did have an additional bit of inspiration yesterday that I'm going to have to work on.

See, I took the hand made pledge. I am proud to support artists and crafters, and to be one of those myself. Gifts will be handmade, and if I can't make it, I will find someone who can (hello Esty!). And I know a lot of you have been wondering when I plan to start selling. Soon, my beauties! One of the (annoying) little quarks I picked up from my days as a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant is this oft-repeated gem, "you can't sell from an empty wagon." Sure, I'll be open for commissions, but I want some stock first. Phoenix and I have great plans. Oh, we are also working on a mala commission right now. See, it starts before we get the shop up and running!

I think I've rambled enough for today. We went to Whole Foods yesterday for some vitamins and pumpkin soup ingredients and came home with cinnamon brooms. The condo smelled divine this morning. I'm looking forward to going home to that as well.

No comments :