Saturday, December 13, 2008

December Esbat

I hope everyone had a wonderful esbat.

I had planned to do something else entirely with this esbat, but the need arose to send some dear friends and family safety in travel. My sister-in-law is going to Japan in January. I am both excited and terribly jealous for her. Another friend is going to be making a long road-trip at the end of the month, despite the possibility of snow and ice in the way. This was the perfect opportunity to send them some safe travel wishes. I think we all know how stressful traveling can be.

I lit a blue candle for tranquility and calm for my sister-in-law, who will be in transit for quite a while just getting to her destination. I then lit an orange candle for alertness for my friend who will be on the road for days. I drew on those energies, filling myself with those hopes and safe thoughts, then projected them to the people they will help.

It should be noted that, while casting a spell for someone who did not ask for it is unethical, that is not what I did here. This was a spell on a wish, my own wish, for the safety of my friends. It was not a spell that imposed my will on their actions, but it did put some extra strength, calm, and fortitude in their grasp if they but reach for it.

No comments :