Monday, December 29, 2008

Not a Day Off

It was August, I think, when I asked to be off the days after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. I was denied the first two because someone else in my group was already off those days, and I was needed here to cover that work. The stupid thing about this is that I spent both of those days bored beyond bored. As a matter of fact, I was so bored this past Friday that Adolf sent me home an hour early because there was no work for me to do. I probably could have gotten out of here sooner, but I admit to putting off asking for more work simply because I got annoyed at having to do so. Well, next year when I ask for the days after holidays off, I will remind them of this year. Unless they give me some other task to do on a regular basis, it would not be worth it to have me here when I have so little to do.

This week is shaping up to be exactly like that, really. Although, WAM is out tomorrow, and I will have that work to do. I just need to get through this already very slow day.

At least I'm off on Friday. And, going to see Jeff Dunham at the Patriot Center. It's gonna be fun!

No comments :