Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finish First

Before I started on my personal Gnome, which will be made with one of my favorite variegated yarns and a new color hat, I made a crochet hook holder. I don't have any pictures yet, but it was very simple and a lot of fun.
I feel like I'm getting better at machine sewing. I'm traditionally an all-by-hand kind of gal, and I still am for many projects. But gowns, and some other things just need a machine. Normally, I would have done a project like this by hand, but I also have a pattern for an apron that will be my craft fair apron (for the days when I will take my Gnomes to craft fairs). The pattern seems simple enough and I've got this awesome fabric printed with pigs for the pockets. I'll start on that tonight.
And, maybe soon I'll finish a gown I started working on more than a year ago.

No comments :