Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One Way to Pass the Evening

So, I can hold my alcohol pretty well. I really can.

Phoenix introduced me to a concoction that involves a glass of Guinness, dropping a shot glass full of Irish Crème liquor into it, and chugging (because if you don’t drink it fast, the crème will curdle). I had two of those. I was doing fine. I sat down with my laptop to get some work done while we watched NCIS and the Mentalist.

Then I got up to go to the bathroom, and I wanted to be quick so as to beat the commercials. I think I might have taken 4 steps before I was on the floor. It was a combination of chugged Guinness/liquor and standing up fast. Still, not fun! The oddest thing about it is that I wasn't drunk (two Guinness, even mixed, isn't enough to put me out), I wasn't even buzzing.

And then it was midnightish before we actually got to bed. I'm sure my headache is because of the lack of sleep. I’m going to need a lot of coffee today.

No comments :