Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bike to Work Day Tomorrow

I really wanted to do this. I wanted to meet up with a group of coworkers and learn the bike route that they take, because they start very close to my home. I was looking forward to this when I moved and learned where they started. Alas, it is not to be this year.

For one, I still haven't picked up my bike from my parents' garage (and I need a few more accessories before attempting the 10-ish mile ride). Lack of bike notwithstanding, the other reason is that I'm not allowed to take any PTO right now because I'm filling in for someone who is not here. This means that I couldn't bike with the group because I need to be in the office at 0700, and they were planning to get here at 0800. I couldn't get permission to come in late tomorrow.

Fiddles!

But, the gent who coordinates said he would ride in with me one day so I can learn the route, and then I might start riding to work regularly in the spring and summer, when it's light enough outside to be leaving before 0600. Doesn't that sound like fun?!

No comments :