Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Testing

I went to the doctor today. Yes, yes, I willingly went to a doctor! Those of you who know me know I don't do that unless something is wrong. And, to be quite honest, I'm trying to be better about that. Preventative care is 100% covered by my insurance, after all.

But yes, I tend to not go unless something is wrong. Something is wrong. It could be nothing. It could be really bad. I'm not of the mind to elaborate right now. The doctor wants to do some testing.

So, I went to this center under the glowing recommendation of LDS, who likes going to doctors just about as much as I do. I got a very good feeling from this place. The doctor was kind, attentive, and pretty easy going. I feel like I made a good choice. Not only to get problems taken care of before they become real problems, but to start taking a more active role in my own healthcare. I definitely think preventative medicine has it's merits, with all the things that plague us. The fact that I found a facility where I was comfortable, and comfortable talking to the doctor about my concerns, is momentous.

No comments :