Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekly Weigh-in 1

After one week of Weight Watchers, I'm 4 lbs less!

Loosing weight is really a perk of this plan. My intention was to learn what I need to eat better - better portions, healthier choices.

So, for this start of week two:

I've learned that a cup of peas is a lot of friggin peas.

I can refrain from using my extra weekly points until the end of the week when they're really needed.

I don't make very healthy choices on weekends - but still don't go overboard.

I can have only one cup of coffee a day because I don't want to spend the points on cream and sugar. Except on weekends, the points on cream and sugar add up fast.

My goal for last week was to eat more fruits and veggies. I didn't do so well on the fruit front, but I improved greatly on the veggie front. I had bags of frozen veggies in my freezer that have sat for weeks and even months. I'm down to one cup of corn.

My goal for this week is to eat even more fruits and veggies. I did well last week, but I know I can do better. I can eat more. I can get bags of salad and not let them go bad in the fridge before I finish them. I know I can.

2 comments :

I Dig This Life said...

I dont know I think it that time of year, when its cold outside and you crave sugar, its so much easier to eat more fruit in the summer but winter months I find I dont eat as much fruit as I should.

Unknown said...

Yes, that's very true. Winter is a time for heartier foods like stews and root vegetables like carrots. The watery fruits like tomatoes, oranges, and apples are more summery kinds of things. I can say with assurance that I won't go to the store tomorrow looking for pineapples. Though, I do think I can throw some apples in there for good measure. I have been adding things like apple juice and apple sauce (unsweetened). I’m big on apples, can you tell? In this day and age, we're not physically bound by seasons, but mentally we probably still are.