Friday, July 01, 2011

Burn Scars

I think I removed one of my favorite freckles.

I had a line of three on my right forearm that reminded me (and everyone) of Orion's Belt. Orion is my favorite constellation because it was the first one I could recognize and I always knew where to find it (and the three freckles that reflected the 3 brightest stars in the constellation on my arm. How many people have a star pattern on their skin that wasn’t a tattoo?).

But I burned my arm reaching into my oven on Saturday, right across that line of freckles. The last one got the worst of it. I don't think it's going to come back after the burn heals. *cry*

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

oh no! I'm so sorry, that sounds like such a cool freckle pattern and I'm sorry it may not come back. Orion is my favorite as well.

Zillah

Unknown said...

It was! And it's been there as long as I can remember. The third freckle is definitely not there now.

Freckles can be lightened or faded entirely with laser treatments, so I think an actual surface burn means it's gone forever.

The burn is maybe half an inch long, with that freckle in the very center. It didn't stand a chance. *pout*