Sunday, August 13, 2006

Challenging Spot

Today, my kayaking buddies took me on a new section of the Patuxent River. They had all been there before (while I was in Boise), so this was new to me.

This part of the river is significantly North of where we usually paddle. I had been warned that there are felled trees and things in the water, so I left my peddles at home. The current was very swift, and I liked it except when I wanted to stop to take a picture or get a better look at the Great Blue Heron in the trees. This (stopping) proved to be impossible and it was very frustrating.

But other than that, it was great! We were only out for a few hours, 0900 to around 1200 or so, but it was a lot of fun. We hope to go back next week and maybe climb over the tree that impeded our progress to see how much further up river we can go.

In other news, I have passed my level 2 Reiki assessment and am now moving on to Reiki Master training! YaHOO!!

No comments :