Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Just Noticed

Remember this post where I told you about the outfit I made for the VA Renaissance Faire? I mentioned the shoes that I made that were not pictured. I actually made two pairs of shoes, one in blue polyester and a later pair in black wool. I'm wearing the first pair of shoes in this picture as seen on the post about my house party.





They're a Mary Jane style, fully lined in unbleached muslin with a foam insole. The sole is a soft, rubbery material a lot like a slipper. The pattern and sole material came from Shoeology on Etsy. Walking in them feels a lot like my Vibram FiveFingers- where you feel everything you step on but there is still some cushion going on.

Making my own shoes makes me a cordwainer! I want to make another pair in patchwork leather. I've had a few friends tell me that want to order a pair of my homemade shoes. Nifty!

No comments :