Sunday, May 15, 2005

One Tired Kitty

I spent all day in a kayak! This is actually the second kayak demo day (where a bunch of manufacturers get together and let you try their kayaks for free) that I've been to and let me tell you, it is so fun!! Then I went with my friends as they bought a new one.

Now, I don't own a kayak yet, but I know the style, basic length, and available features that I want. I haven't seen any in the color I'm looking for (the design I want or otherwise) but, when you're going to spend $500+ on an item, it's ok to shop around for the exact one you want.

So, I'm going to be in the kayak market! If you haven't been out and a body of water is near you, I would definitely recommend it! It's a great sport, and really easy to get into where I live.

On a sadder note, my father and I noticed today a classified add for the sailboat we've crewed in for 10 years. The wonderful captain left this incarnation in February. It is a sad thing to think of that boat's fate. I would love to have it, but I'm no where near being able to afford it. =( But a kayak, that's in my financial scene!

So with kayaking today and two miles of jogging that I did yesterday (which I haven't done in ages!), I am one tired wittle puddy tat!