Monday, December 21, 2009

OUCH

We ended up with a good two feet of snow before it stopped sometime Saturday night. Digging out yesterday was a trial when all we had was a tiny auto shovel and a broom.

I made it to work fine this morning, but I slipped on the ice INSIDE the parking garage. Tore my jeans, hurt my knees. I bruise pretty.

I understand that snow can drift inside a parking garage (and it did) but the ice?!

Now that a few other joint and muscle groups have reported in, I'm finding that I definitely impacted more than my knees. My supervisor sympathized, so I’m sure the few minutes that I was late won’t hurt my record, and no one was around to see my crazy ice dance. Thankful for that!

I guess I can't put off buying new jeans any longer. This was one of my good pairs too.

3 comments :

Unknown said...

PS I'll get some pictures for you tonight or tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

ouch poor fyrecreek :(
you mentioned movie nite for New Year's Eve. call when u can so we can discuss details!
ibifdy

Unknown said...

Details? I'm supposed to have details?! Crap!