Friday, June 23, 2006

BOOM!

Ye cats and little fishes! Last night, a dreadfully loud 2-hour thunder storm came through the whole region. I don't usually mind storms, but I really really wanted to sleep!

It showed up in my area around midnight, and woke me up from a deep, dreaming, restful, rejuvenating sleep (you know, the kind everyone should have every night but I only get once every 2 or three years). So, I wandered down to check on the cats, and Miss Luna came running up to me, "MEOW! MEOW!" I held her for a little bit, and she was shaking all over, and purring, and trying to sleep. Her eyes would snap open after ever clap of thunder (which was frequent and house-shaking loud). Callie was alright, but she purred and clawed at me every time the thunder rolled.

The storm passed around 0200. You can imagine, we're all zombies here today!

No comments :