Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What a Night

I was going to go out with some coworkers yesterday after work, but it was, you guessed it, raining! Some of us went out anyway (though the putt-putt golf that was in the plan will be rescheduled). I know you want to know how I did it; went to work (which was awful because the bridge was closed and my alternate route was flooded), went out with coworkers, and got here in one piece this morning, yes?

One lovely OBC employee offered the second room of her apartment to me. This works well, actually because my dad is off all week. I didn't have to go to bed at 2100, and I didn't have to wake up at 0400. We actually left her home a little earlier than we needed to, but that's ok! It's better than being late! If the rain keeps up (it will, according to the forecast), she said I could stay with her for most of the week. I only brought enough clothes for today, but we can buy some somewhere! Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm still going to try to go home tomorrow and make sailing (hopefully it won't be raining).

I actually haven't been wanting to sail lately. My mother has been visiting my grandmother on Wednesdays, and with Dad on the boat, it's some nice home-alone time (I think I've said so before, about how rarely I get it. I didn't go last week, actually.). And the past couple times I've been out, things have happened that made me feel like some people on the boat were questioning my knowledge or ability. I've been sailing since High School, more than a decade. I'm not new at this. I hate when other people need to make themselves feel good by making me feel inadequate or incorrect. I guess, honestly, it hasn't been an environment that I've been wanting to be in. It's hard to have fun when my abilities are constantly questioned. I guess that means I'd like to stay in tomorrow too.

No comments :