Thursday, January 14, 2010

Newest Thought

When the assistant at the ER handed me the estimate for treatment, she told me that the doctor said a few things were optional. One of those things was the toxoplasmosis titer screening. When faced with the estimate I had (and that was not including the follow-ups that have yet to be added) how much is one little $130 test going to really save me? I decided to ok everything they suggested, including the optional tests, because I don't do well if I don't know. If some of those other tests came back negative, then they probably would have taken more samples and sent out those optional ones later.

I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I didn't dwell on that small amount compared to the larger total. Especially since this seems to be the culprit. Maybe this knowledge will help me deal with the cardiologist too.

No comments :