Friday, May 08, 2009

Deceptive

In the heat of the afternoon, a handful of us scrambled to pitch shade canopies. The slight breeze made it feel somewhat cool, but I developed a headache by lunchtime. Come dinner, with the smell of food making me nauseous and not being able to hold down three or four bites of bread, Phoenix made me take a nap while occasionally nursing a mug of Gatorade.

I still felt sick by the evening, so she took me home where I could clean up in a tick-free shower and rest in the cool comfort of my own bed after eating a bland bowl of grits.

I've suffered from heat exhaustion before, but it had never been as bad as it was yesterday. I thought I had been drinking enough, but I guess not. I must say, my bed has never been so comfortable.

It's time to head back. I'll be sure to keep my water even closer. I am feeling much better, and quite well-rested. Though, it would have been nice to get a few more hours of sleep!

No comments :