Monday, May 11, 2009

Star Trekkin Across the Universe

My mother and I went to see the new Star Trek movie on Saturday. I knew very little about it, so wasn't sure what to expect. That was probably best.

There was not a single dull moment. There were parts that made the audience collectively laugh (especially when characters said some catch phrases we have grown to know and love) and sit wide-eyed and silently gasping at what was going on. I love films that make the audience react.

The music was great, but don't expect the familiar notes of the theme song until the end. I think every new actor playing a character that we all knew did a superb job. It felt like they stayed true to what fans were expecting of them, while still showing different sides. It was wonderful.

If you're a Star Trek fan, you won't be disappointed.

No comments :