Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Only Word is Yikes

So, I just realized today that I haven't done a serious workout since August. More than a month! Gah! My pants felt a wee bit tighter today, and we just can't have that. My corset from the weekend was a trifle snug as well and had to be a bit let out. We. Just. Can't. Have. That.

So, I put down the Gnomes and the other things I've been working on and got my bum on the elliptical. And I'll do it again tomorrow. And Friday. I'll be on my feet all day Saturday, and then I'll hop on that contraption again on Sunday. And so on.

I wonder if half of why I've been having a hard time sleeping lately is because I haven't been exercising. Really, I never feel so good in my own skin than when I keep the muscles under it moving. It relieves stress, too. Maybe not as much as making Gnomes, but I certainly have more than my fair share of stress to relieve.

I'd get up early in the morning to work out like I did when I lived at my parents' house, but I think my elliptical is getting old and it squeaks awfully. I don't want to disturb my roommates. I just need to schedule my work out time and keep to it. I know I can.

No comments :