Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rough Day

I can't even begin to explain how very taxing my day was today. Well, it started in the morning, when a mishap made it necessary for me to drive home and change. Thankfully, I live close enough to do that now.

Other things happened throughout the morning which made me realize that it would have been a perfect day to stay in bed. Alas.

However, I did get to visit with the godsons today (oh, and their parents too). I can't believe that Gnome is almost a year old! And walking! And Jelly Bean is trying to stand. I got to play with Gnome while LDS took the other little one to get Sqwerl from the Metro. We played with some balls and some blocks and practiced petting the cat gently. I would have sang to him, but I couldn't think of anything (he liked the sound of me holding some notes, though). I would have read to him, but he wasn't interested. I would have told him a story, but he wasn't sitting still. It's all good. We got to play with things.

After dinner, Jelly Bean already in bed, Gnome sat with me a little in front of a DVD of Scooby-Doo. He was nodding off. It was cute!

That was a nice ending to a stressful day.

No comments :