Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Snow, the Ice, and the Snowy-Ice

Not enough to give me a snow day today (or ice day, as it was), though we probably should have turned around when those big flakes started to fall before we made it to Virginia. I was hoping to leave the office around 1200 or 1300, but it wasn't until 1430 or so that Boss² approached and said to go home. We made it out of the office a mere 45 minutes before my official quitting time.

But, it helped. It only took 2 and a half hours to get home amid the falling balls of ice, putting us here at about the usual time. I'd rather go to work than not anyway. My mother's car was completely encased in ice upon our arrival, a nearly-certain foreshadow of tomorrow morning.

Let's say ice day! I told the people of the office as I was leaving that I predict I'll see them Thursday.

Now, get this. OBC actually offered to put some people up for the night in the nearest hotel across the way, with the contingency that said people would arrive at work on time tomorrow no matter the weather. This is great, and good for them, but I'm really confused as to why I was not asked to volunteer. I live 50 miles away. My department is putting up two people who live 10 minutes away. I only knew they were doing this because other people were talking about it. It was never even an option for me. I guess I'm not that essential (even though I perform an essential task). I would have taken it if they asked, but they'll just have to get through the day without me, because I sure am not driving 50 miles in ice. Oh well!

Let's say ice day!

2 comments :

Willow Goldentree said...

YAY! Ice Day! I'm still grinning from ear to ear.

Willow Goldentree said...

psst...darn you're already in bed. I'm looking forward to your next post. :-D