Thursday, October 30, 2008

Not to be Outdone

Tomorrow is OBC's annual Halloween costume contest. Yesterday and today, a ton of my coworkers have been asking me how I plan to top The Phantom from last year. I still maintain that I'm not entering the contest (yes, I agree, I'm a sour sport when it comes to this), but I will wear the steampunk costume that I wore to last week's party. It came out great, if I say so myself. In fact, Liz* (one of the proprietors of the ministry I've been working with who threw last week's party) said I won the costume contest that they didn't have. I'll take it!

So, yes, coworkers, I will be wearing my costume. I'm not sure if the airship captain will best The Phantom, but I'll be wearing it just the same. And still not entering the contest. That's disappointment that I'm tired of getting. Even last year's write-in award isn't enough to sway this decision.

I'm sure I have a picture from last week, or I'll get one tomorrow to load for you.

No comments :