Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Shift

I've been asked to give tarot readings at an upcoming festival next month. I haven't read for anyone besides myself in quite some time, so this makes me a little nervous. At the same time, I'm friggin excited! I always love a chance to stretch my dowsing muscles.

I've been learning dowsing by Ogham. My set of fews were handmade by a wonderful artist in the UK, using wood from the trees that the character drawn on them represents. It's awesome, and I've been itching to learn this method of dowsing for some time. But, I'll need to put that on hold and bring my focus back to the tarot, my first divination love.

I want to make a tarot board or table. I've wanted to do this for ages, but now I have a reason. I'm going to swing by Michael's after work and see what kind of wood they have, either a tray or little table or something. If all else fails, I might be able to have Sunflyr pick an appropriate piece up for me from his work. Or, at least talk to him about what's available.

This may end up not quite working out and I may not be giving readings at all. In all honesty, I think I'll be a little disappointed, but also understanding and relieved at the same time. I'm going to practice my little heart out, though. And make my board, and prepare like I should. Even if I end up not working the festival, it's good practice and I have let myself get a little rusty. That does not befit someone who has been working with the cards for half her life, I think!

No comments :