Friday, April 13, 2007

Kaliis Smith, Where Are You?

(Here's a test to see how far the reach of my blog really goes!)

Have you seen this woman?



Her name is Kaliis Naphtali Smith. (I may be misspelling the middle name, but I know the rest is right.) I met her in middle school, I guess that was 1993 or so, when she lived in Forestville, MD. She was born in Boston in 1979 (I think!). She went to a high school in Colorado (the name I forget) and graduated in 1997. She went to Kenyon College in Ohio and graduated in 2001 as a music major. She had a book of poetry published in 2004 (Finger and Thumb, ISBN-10: 184471229X). And according to a contact at the US Census Bureau, her last known address was in Northampton Massachusetts. When I knew her, she had 4 younger siblings, and I'll probably get my tail beat if I get this wrong, but if memory serves (spelling aside) they were Gabriel, Kia, Sammy, and Matthew.

We lost touch some 7 or 8 years ago. Of all the people who have come into and gone out of my life, I miss her the most. She was a light in my life and, I really don't know what I would give to be in touch with her again.

So, if you have any tricks for finding someone whom you've lost (that don't cost money!) I'd love to hear them. If you know her or have seen her, tell her to contact me! And if, Kaliis, you occasionally google your own name to see what comes up and this does. You need to call me or write me or something. It's easy to lose you because you've been all over the country, but my phone number and address have not changed. Or you can post a comment, or shoot me an e-mail. Anything! Please! I miss you!

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Oh, and I know that picture isn't great, and I have no idea how old it is. I took it from a Kenyon Graduate website.

Unknown said...

I just realized something that might help out. If you happen to be or know a graduate of Kenyon College, you can look her up in the alumni directory for me!

I know, I'm shooting in the dark here. But one never knows unless they try.