Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Newness

I have a new laptop.

Yes, I have a laptop. It's four years old, but still great. It's gotten more use since I moved out than all the time I've owned it. It does everything I need it to do and some. It can run my rpgs and other computer games, it's great for watching movies, it can handle my 3D graphics programs like a champ.

So, what's the problem, you may ask. The problem is it is a beast. I've described it as humongous in previous posts. It is. It's got a huge 17 inch screen and must weigh at least 10 lbs, maybe more. It's a powerhouse, but it comes with a drawback.

The drawback is simply that it's not very portable. Sure, I took it with my on my last trip to Idaho. That was a chore, and hard to work with in the tight spaces of an airplane. I'm going to open my shop soon, and I'm going to need to stay connected to it. If I can't take my computer with me, that won't be so easy to do.

So, I bought a new one. Yes, still a Dell. It's 14 inches and about half the weight and I got it in a pretty spring green. It may not be enough to run Guild Wars, but it would certainly be enough for the Sims and Sim City (if I can load them on Vista, which I now have to learn). At the very least, I'll be able to keep store-related pictures and files and stay on top of things when I'm away from my other two computers.

And, to top it off, it would have cost a good $900, but I got it for $600, and I won't have to start paying for it until my credit card is paid off (which will be soon).

Fun!!

No comments :